The weather vane, which has stood at the venue since being donated by architect Herbert Baker in 1926, was damaged by strong winds in March.
A place on the squad came free after Ollie Robinson was suspended from all international cricket by the England & Wales Cricket Board following the emergence of racist and sexist comments he posted on Twitter nine years ago.
Ricky Ponting says "the balance between bat and ball was nowhere near what it needs to be for a Test match" after watching Australia pile up 337 for one on the first day of the second Test against England at Lord's.
England fast bowler Jofra Archer has been ruled out of their two-Test series against New Zealand starting next month due to pain in his elbow, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said on Sunday.
India's abject surrender in the first two Tests against England has drawn sharp criticism from some of the country's celebrated former cricketers
Robinson was suspended from all international cricket by ECB pending the outcome of a disciplinary investigation following the tweets he posted in 2012 and 2013.
Most of the Test squad and staff had been transferred to hotel quarantine where they will warm up for the two-Test series against England
Lord Harry Woolf, a former Chief Justice of England and Wales, has been named chairman of the ICC's Independent Governance Review Committee that will draw up a new strategic plan for 2011-2015, which includes looking into the controversial election process of its president.
Steve Smith scored an unbeaten 85 to guide Australia to 339/5 as England wasted favourable bowling conditions on the first day of the second Ashes Test.
Rahul Dravid finally got his name on the honours board at Lord's after the first innings century against England.
England are committed to making cricket more inclusive after confronting "ugly truths" in the past week about offensive historical tweets from their players, captain Joe Root said on Wednesday.
Indian cricket fan Siddhanta Pinto had a longing to be at Lord's. After realising his dream in the first Test between India and England, he says the hallowed venue has a very friendly charm.
Indian cricket team achieved an extraordinary victory on foreign soil by defeating a formidable England
Bowling in the right areas and build up constant pressure is a secret to England's turn around in fortunes, feels bowler Chris Woakes...
The former England captain says the ace batsman is in good form and should score his maiden hundred at the hallowed ground in the first Test against England.
Images from Day 1 in the second test between India and England at Lord's Cricket Ground.
Jonny Bairstow's 'controversial dismissal' on the final Day of the second Ashes Test at the Lord's has left the cricketing world divided.
Joe Root became only the third player in Ashes history to score more than 2,000 runs and bag 20 wickets.
Jonny Bairstow slammed four sixes as he helped England post 592 all out in their first innings on Day 3, their highest Ashes innings total on home soil since 1985, giving the hosts a first innings lead of 275.
'I'm sure he will want to entertain the local crowd. I think it is set up nicely for him, but you have still got to go and do it.'
'If all the pitches are like that I'm done in the Ashes series.'
'England against Australia at Lord's, it doesn't get much bigger than that.'
Reader Sandeep Khopkar sent us this photograph from London.
The first morning of the India England first Test marked 40 years since the PA was first introduced during the India series in 1967 at Lord's.
The Marylebone Cricket Club, which owns Lord's Cricket Ground, is embroiled in allegations of "high-handedness" over a planned overhaul of the London-based stadium.
The first morning of the second Ashes Test at Lord's was interrupted when two Just Stop Oil protesters ran on to the ground and scattered orange powder on the outfield.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni was booed by the Indian supporters at Lord's for his slow batting during the team's 86-run defeat against England in the second One-Day International on Saturday.
For someone who has spent six agonising months on the sidelines battling doping allegations, Sri Lankan Kusal Perera cannot think of a better place for his return than the hallowed turf of Lord's in the third and final test against England on Thursday. The 25-year-old wicketkeeper-batsman was sent home from the tour of New Zealand in December after it was announced he had failed a drugs test last July. He was cleared last month when the International Cricket Council (ICC) dropped all charges against him after the Qatar-based laboratory that conducted the test withdrew its initial findings. Perera was not allowed to train with Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) coaches and was called up in England only after a shoulder injury had ended paceman Dhammika Prasad's tour.
England will undergo another searching examination at the hands of an increasingly potent Pakistan attack in the final Test starting at Lord's on Thursday.
'England were playing with nine and a half men'
Rajneesh Gupta presents glimpses of India-England Test history.
Monday's win at Lord's was only the second time India has won a Test at the Mecca of Cricket in 82 years. A look back at when it happened for the first time...
Monday's win at Lord's was only the second time India has won a Test at the Mecca of Cricket in 82 years. A look back at when it happened for the first time...
Anderson, 36, left the field during a County Championship match against Durham after he felt tightness in his right calf and underwent an MRI scan on Friday which confirmed a muscle tear.
Jasprit Bumrah out of contention for second Test, confirms bowling coach Arun
'I said before the game that if they bowl a lot at my head then they're not bowling at my stumps and trying to get me out lbw and caught behind the wicket. And I think that perhaps played into our favour a little bit in this innings'.
Images from the fifth and final day of the second Test between England and India at Lord's on Monday.
Images from the England-Australia World Cup match, at Lord's, on Tuesday.
A group of British MPs have called on England's FA to ban transgender players from participating in women's soccer.